Friday, October 23, 2009

Halloween

I just can't wait for Halloween. Not just because it is my FAVORITE holiday but because it is the start of the Holiday Season. After Halloween I don't feel so crazy listening to Christmas music.
I have been working alot lately. I have been working on 1 order for over a month x_X... I know thats terrible but it was a rather large order and my customer wanted something very specific.
I've also been doing some crafting when I have free time and covering lots of beautiful boxes. I always forget to take a picture of the boxes before I give them away as gifts.
I do have some pictures to share of 2 projects i've worked on. The first is a little hanging I made using vintage seam binding, Jenni Bowlin chipboard buttons, Tattered Angels bingo card, Tattered Angels glimmer mist (mimosa), Tim Holtz distress ink (tea stain) and a rosette I made using a coffee filter.

The second is a pumpkin pick in the shape of a bat. I drew the shape of the bat on some black cardstock w/a pencil. I sandwiched 2 pieces together so I could be sure both sides matched up pefect. I glued the 2 sides together w/a bamboo skewer in the middle that I painted black. I then covered the bat w/vintage black glass glitter and tied some seam binding around the skewer. I wanted something to jazz up my pumpkins until I was ready to carve them and this worked out perfect.

No comments: